It’s been a few months since I met with my new neurosurgeon and heard her plan for further treatment. The plan is to get another embolization (only 1/3 was glued during the last embo), and then look into surgery if it doesn’t fully glue the AVM. Unfortunately the hospital I am going to only books two weeks in advanced, and surgery time is determined by urgency. I guess it’s a good thing that they haven’t had me in yet, because that means they must not think I’m in any huge risk. However I can’t help but to be frustrated - waiting is frustrating! Only two more months until I go off to University, and I’m really hoping to get this embolization soon before school starts. Or else I may have an even longer wait.
Waiting is very frustrating, isn’t it? I hope you can get it scheduled soon so that you can get it over with before school starts!
I finanily found a nerosurgen that is talking about glueing. My AVM is inoperable because of where my AVM is situated. I went to Emory in Atlanta and had my anuranism coiled and the AVM treated with Gamma Knife. The anurism has gone away hower the AVM has only shrunk 1cm.
sorry about not completing my. comment. I really want to know as much as possible about this glueing procedure. My appointmet is set for June 28, and I am getting more and more nervious as the day’s pass by. I feel you pain with the waiting game.
With everything that you’re going through, I don’t blame you for freaking yourself out…and waiting can be a frustrating thing, especially with a situation as serious as yours. I hope that you’ll get your embo scheduled soon, and that you’ll be well enough to go to college.